Hi, it's Tina and I'm here with your one-minute management tip. You know, we all have things that go wrong in our practices. I mean, it's just a fact of life with any business. But often what we do is we tend to focus on what's wrong. What's not working, what the problems are, and that's really not going to solve them.
What we need to do is focus on what's right. Take for example, maybe you're having a lot of no-shows right now. Well, by keep saying, "Oh, this patient didn't show up." Or, "There's another no-show."
Why don't you focus on the patients that are coming into the practice?
- What are they enjoying?
- How are you greeting them?
- How are you making their day?
- How did you schedule their appointments?
- Were you happy when you scheduled them?
- Did you invite them to call the office?
- If they couldn't make the appointment?
- Did you tell them you were looking forward to seeing them and if they needed to be sooner, seen sooner to call the office?
Those are the things you need to focus on. What are you doing right? Because when you focus on what is really great about your practice, the things you're doing right, a lot of times what happens is you can fix what's wrong because you start to see it in a different way. So if you have things that are going wrong, as we all do, just think about all the great things that are going right in your practice, and that will help you to solve what is going wrong.