In three sentences or less, explain how you know when your practice is successful. Do you know what that looks like? Here’s another question that’s just as important, but most people don’t know the answer to: how do you know you’re not just succeeding, but dominating your area? How do you know when you’re Number One in your market?
Over the last several blogs in this series on building and growing a medical practice in a challenging environment, we’ve focused mainly on how it’s possible to move from struggling to thriving. We’ve covered the challenges that medical professionals face, the mindset shift you need to succeed, and why your practice must change its management and marketing. We’ve talked about all of this with the goal of helping you see how you can become Number One in your market.
While all that is helpful, if you don’t know what it means to even be Number One, you don’t really know what you’re working for.
One thing it doesn’t mean is being the biggest office in your area. Size is not a good indicator of market domination. You could have a giant office, multiple locations, and a dozen associates while still feeling overwhelmed or even losing money. So what does it mean to be Number One? Well, at Top Practices, we’ve defined eleven markers that medical practices who are dominating their market all share:
1. You are happy.
2. You have little to no stress.
3. Your staff is proud to work with you and each other.
4. Your patients think you’re the best thing that has ever happened to them.
5. Your patients tell everyone how great you are.
6. You’re known and respected in your community for many reasons.
7. Your phone is ringing off the hook with new patients.
8. You’re the dominant practice in your market on Google’s search results.
9. Your social media is overwhelming every other practice in your market.
10. You wake up in the morning excited to go to work every day.
11. You are making the income that you want to be able to provide for the emotional and financial stability and security of your loved ones.
This last one is really at the core of why you’re in business. It is the underlying factor of all your goals, especially the ones for your practice. It’s why you’re even striving to become Number One in your market at all. You don’t have to figure out of to do this on your own. If you’re serious about becoming Number One in your market, we’d love to have you in our Mastermind group. Contact us to learn more. Just call (717) 725-2679 or e-mail [email protected].