Hi, it's Tina. And I'm here with your one-minute management tip.
How do you know if you need to add another staff person? This is a question that Dr. Peter Wishnie and I often get asked. Well, you need to be able to assess your practice's needs. What is being done and what is not being done.
- First of all, is the physician doing things that a staff member could do? And that doctor could be seeing more patients.
- Are the staff so overwhelmed with all of the tasks that they have to do that they can't get them done and they're running behind?
- Is the accounts receivables being worked?
- Have you looked at your numbers?
- Are patients waiting to get into your practice and they can't get in?
By looking at various areas of your practice, you can determine whether adding another person is what you need to do. But if you are finding that you don't like the answers to some of these questions that you're asking, then you need to sit down with your staff and decide if we were to take on another staff member, what exactly would they be doing? Don't hire someone if you don't have a plan and a job description for them because that's not going to get you moving in the right direction.
If you have any questions, and you're wondering do I need to add another staff member to my practice? All you have to do is email me at [email protected] or Dr. Peter Wishnie at [email protected]actices.com.
Take care and please stay safe out there. Bye-bye.