The Podiatry Business Solution
My friend and colleague, Dr. Peter Wishnie has written a book, The Podiatry Business Solution, and it is a game-changer! If you are a podiatrist and you are struggling with the business side of your practice, then this book is going to be your new best friend. When you were going to college and then Podiatry School and residency were you even thinking about the business aspect of podiatry? Even if your plan was to eventually run your own practice was business a blip on your radar? Maybe so. Maybe you thought you would just wing it or learn as you go. What I can tell you from experience is that “just winging it” is a recipe for disaster. It never goes well and you ultimately run into problems or situations that you just weren’t prepared for. Instead of going in completely unprepared or taking a 2 hour business course that may or may not be relevant for your practice I urge you to pick up Dr. Wishnie’s book.
In his book, Dr. Wishnie lays out, in great detail, how to:
- Establish and implement systems and protocols that will make your practice run like a well-oiled machine.
- Organize the flow of your office so that everyone knows exactly what they should be doing and when.
- Hire your perfect team using tried and true interviewing and training techniques.
- Become the best leader you can be.
- Communicate successfully with your patients and your staff.
- Keep track of key metrics so you know if your practice is on track or if certain areas. need more attention
- Sell. Even if you don’t think of yourself as a “salesperson” you are selling yourself already simply by owning your own medical practice. This starts from the very first phone call and it can be very difficult to master.
- WOW your patients with service and care that goes above and beyond. This isn’t just good or acceptable service, this is the extra mile.
- Collect what you are owed and get paid quickly. This is something that many of us struggle with.
- Keep your eyes on the prize and remember what you are doing all of this for.
When you decided to become a podiatrist you were probably thinking of helping people, not running a business. The full picture wasn’t fully fleshed out in your mind’s eye yet. Dr. Wishnie has done the leg work and put in the time. He knows what works and he has the successful podiatry practice to prove it. Order your copy of The Podiatry Business Solution today by clicking here. If you have any other questions you can email Peter at [email protected] or reach us at [email protected]. You can also call us at (717) 725-2679 and as always you can find us at www.toppractices.com.