Get Back to Being a Happy, Fulfilled Doctor - Not a Forever Problem Fixer
Most doctors would rather just be a doctor and treat their patients without the endless headaches of trying to run their practice. Because your practice is actually a small business the problems of running a small business force you into being a full-time problem fixer instead of a full-time healer.
It does not have to be this way and here is the way out.
Doctor, without a well-prepared office manager your practice problems won’t go away. Someone has to do it and if your key staff member is struggling too it falls to you to fix the problems. If you don’t, they don’t leave and just get worse.
When you elevate the skills and knowledge of your manager or team lead, they become your partner and relieve your burdens, while your profits soar and you go back to being a full-time doctor.
“I just want to be a happy and fulfilled doctor!” -Most doctors
Sound familiar? You simply will never have the time you need to run a practice, see the patients you love, and have a family life without a well-trained and highly prepared office manager or team lead. And your profitability will suffer without one in place.
I see this all the time with physician/business owners who want the freedom of private practice yet are overwhelmed with all problems that come with it. Every doctor needs a practice partner (A Well-Prepared Office Manager/Administrator) that allows them to move forward, unburdened, and free to see more patients, which is what they want to do. A highly prepared office manager/practice partner will allow this to happen.
There is a plan which can transform your manager and turn them into the best practice partner/manager in your state.
With education, training, and mentoring your manager can be your right-hand helper. I have done this with many managers and their physicians are amazed when they can get back to being a full-time doctor and have a profitable, excellent running practice.
How can this happen for you? By investing in your manager/team lead, "your practice excellence partner" and signing them up for the only coaching course that will give them the information, knowledge and understanding they need about the "business of podiatry" so they can work with you to take your practice from where it is now to the practice of your dreams.
Not only the practice of your dreams, but you also will be letting your manager know that you are confident that with the right information and tools that this course offers they can become the manager you always dreamed of working with!
No more dread that it will never get better! This program is the fix for managers to be able to step up and handle office problems with confidence and knowledge and allow their physician to be a doctor and still be able to keep their finger on the pulse of their practice with regular check-ins with a well-prepared manager at their side.
If not now, when?
This is a 10-week course covering the major issues that come up every day in a medical practice that usually your manager or team leader needs to come to talk to you, the physician, about and ask what they should do. The program is designed to give managers the knowledge and confidence they need to handle the day-to-day office problems and allow their physician(s) to see patients and still oversee their practice with a prepared office manager at their side.
Who is this program for?
Managers of physicians who want to take their practice to the next level of excellence by investing in their managers to become their practice partners so they can get back to being a full-time doctor and not the practice problem solver.
You should invest in this coaching educational program for your manager/team lead:
- If you know things can be better but don’t know how to really help them
- If you are tired of constantly putting Band-Aids on problems but they never resolve permanently
- If you want a manager who is a true partner in creating a practice of excellence with you that is profitable, efficient, and patient minded
- If you want to leave the practice on time each day and enjoy your family and life
- If You Want to Get Back to Being A Happy, Fulfilled Doctor – Not a Forever Problem Fixer
This is a 10-week virtual program held on Wednesday evenings at 7:30 EST beginning June 28, 2023. The members will meet through Zoom each session for approximately 90 minutes. Each session will be recorded and housed for review and make-up. During the first 60 minutes the module topic will be presented and discussed on how to develop the system and protocol for it so the office manager will know how to handle situations the way their doctor(s) would want and expect. The last 30 minutes of each session will be a Q&A and sharing of ideas with other members of the group.
At the end of each module session attendees will meet with their physicians to review what they have learned and go through the “check-in” questions, so their doctor knows that they are on the same page as them when it comes to addressing issues that come with each area of practice management covered in the program. Thus, lifting the burden from the physician so they can have more time to be a happy doctor treating their patients.
What if I don’t have a manager? Then this course is really for you because you can use this program to develop your staff, your practice partner(s), to oversee just one or two of the areas that will be covered in the program so they will be able to report to you each week on the practice management areas that they are trained on and assigned in their job description. Again, oh yes! This will free you up to see your patients and will elevate and create value in your staff that in turn will make them become more engaged partners in the overall practice and its success.
- Creating Workable Office Systems: Seeing the big picture of the practice and what each staff member is responsible for is difficult. By creating systems with checks and balances for each position the Practice Partner will be able to check to see that job tasks are being completed, help where needed, and report daily or weekly to their physician with confidence.
- Developing Schedules that Work and Flow Well: There is more than one schedule that needs to be set up and reviewed daily. Most often the only schedule that is addressed is the patient schedule. The other important schedule that is overlooked is the staff's work schedule. Can they complete the tasks assigned with their job description in the time allotted each day? There also is the billing schedule that is as important as the other two, whether billing is done in house or outsourced, it is being done in a timely schedule to assure that revenue is coming in each day? Practice Partners need to develop workable schedules for these and follow them for physician reporting.
- Developing Training and Continued Training Programs: This module will cover developing an effective initial training program for new employees which is critical to ensure that they have the necessary skills and knowledge to perform their jobs effectively. Continued training is essential for keeping job skills up-to-date and improving the Quality Patient Care experience. The frequency of continued training will depend on various factors, including the nature of the job, and the pace of change in the field.
- “Quality Patient Care Preventing Patient and Workplace Problems”: In order for our offices to provide quality patient care there are several areas that each staff member needs to be aware of and understand in order to personally do their best with the patients they serve each day in the practice. This module will provide information on the areas in the practice that need focus and adherence to provide clear communication, excellent patient service, and how front and back-office teams need to work as one to provide the best care to those the practice serves each day. When the team knows how to work together there are fewer patient problems and workplace problems. Also, covered will be how a well-prepared Practice Partner can handle these types of situations and is like a “Best Gold Friend” to their physician(s).
- Employee Problems, Reviews, Promotions and Overall, Happiness: Wow! That is a lot to cover in one module. Again, with keeping it simple and creating a work environment that promotes compliance a Practice Partner can develop an employee handbook that discusses it all and have protocols for them to follow so they can have a well-run practice with open book guidelines for everyone to follow. Attitude is key in being the Practice Partner that inspires staff to come alongside one another and their doctor(s) to create the best-run medical practice with happy staff to serve their patients.
- How to Conduct Office Meetings with Meaning (and purpose): In this module we will look at the various office meetings that can be had and those that are necessary for each office. How to set up a productive agenda, follow the agenda and use “Action Item Sheets” for accountability for tasks assigned. There is no room for meaningless, time-wasting meetings in a medical practice.
- Developing a Workplace of Open Communication: Because we talk, we think we are communicating. This is not so. Communication is one of the most difficult human tasks that we need to learn and continue learning how to do. In this module we will cover two areas, (1) How to improve not only our communication skills but those of the entire team. Communication not only is about speaking it is about listening and gaining clarity to understand. (2) The second area we will cover is learning how to ask questions that ignite inspiring answers, how to have difficult conversations, delivering news about change and Stephen Covey's 5th Habit, “Seek first to understand then to be understood.” This module is not for the faint of heart. Learning to truly put forth an effort to communicate for understanding is an ongoing life lesson. But taking on the challenge will make our relationships at work better than we can imaging. We know that people want to work for those they know truly care and understand them. Communication is the answer.
- Developing Office Policies, Protocols and Manuals. What do we really need?: In this module we will cover various aspects of office policies, protocols, and manuals for staff efficiencies including Risk Management, HIPAA, and OSHA. Ninety- nine percent of the time the number one reason staff members fail to produce what is expected of them is because “they do not know exactly what or how to do what they are supposed to do.” That is pretty incredible! More often than not we make policies and protocols more difficult than necessary and then no one follows them anyway and mistakes happen more often. Practice Partners will learn how to develop protocols and policies, the “minimalist” only having what we need and then teaching and implementing them for efficiency. The key is knowing what to do, when to do it and then having a schedule to make sure it gets done and reported.
- Managing and Reporting Practice Statistics: This module will cover important practice statistics that the physician owner(s) need to monitor on a weekly basis so they can see how the practice is doing financially and growth wise. Once the systems are set up for individual staff to collect information and report it to the Practice Partner the entire staff can review the statistics to make sure they are in alignment with the overall office goals and if not, make adjustments as necessary. Some of the covered areas will be Total NP, total charges, total collections, total visits, total A/R, aging, cycle time, inventory.
- Purpose, Vision, and Value, Knowing the “Why”: The practice’s vision needs to be compelling, one that all staff members can catch on to and are willing to work for. Everyone on the team needs to be able to see the strengths, convictions, and purpose of the vision. Visions that get people excited enough to work for are the ones that have these three ingredients: (1). Integrity, (2). Values, (3). Passion. These are things that come from within and are the ingredients that fuel the fire to make the vision happen. As one of the wisest men to ever live, “King Solomon" of ancient Israel said, "Where there is no vision, the people will perish." Visions are what bond teams together. In this module, the Practice Partner will learn how to convey the Practice Vision to all staff members and how to continue to keep the vision out front so everyone will be inspired to achieve the practices’ goals.
Wait there is more…
Bonus #1: If this program isn’t enough, along with joining your Practice Partner will receive four 30-minute one-on-one coaching sessions with myself to assist in setting up their program
Bonus #2: A copy of Rem Jackson’s Podiatry Prosperity, Dr. Peter Wishnie’s Podiatry
Practice Business Solution, and Tina Del Buono’s Truth From The Trenches
Bonus #3: A free webinar featuring Rem Jackson and Tina Del Buono on Internal Marketing to promote the services that help our patients get better (and increase revenue) without staff feeling like they are used car salespeople
Wait there is more! Really?
Yes! As your Practice Partner gets started in this program, they get a 6-month free membership to our Top Practices Managers Mastermind Group that meets twice a month.
Okay, If you have gotten this far in checking this program out, you probably are wanting to know if it is really for you and your practice partner. I can help you with that, just email me for at [email protected] and let me know when you are available for a call. I live in Northern California and am on PST. Or you can schedule an appointment on my Calendly for a call or Zoom. Please leave your name, email address and phone number.
I look forward to speaking to you and working with you and your practice partner so you can Get Back (or start) Being a Happy Fulfilled Doctor – Not A Forever Problem Solver.