The Internet is an influential and integral part of the world today. Long gone are the days of relying on print ads, the yellow pages, and simple word of mouth to bring in new patients. Everyone is on the Internet, using their phones, their tablets, and their computers. You need to be found online, too—and on page one when people search.
Your Podiatry Practice Should Already Be Online
So what does this mean for you as a doctor? It means you need a strategy. You need a plan in place to attract patients who are in your area by meeting them where they are already spending their time: the Internet. You want to spend your time treating patients instead of trying to capture their attention, but to do that you must be found online easily and quickly.
Just as importantly, information about you online must be presented professionally. It must represent your practice accurately. This all boils down to your Internet marketing.
What Virtual Marketing Director Services Can Do for You
Your online marketing involves many facets, from your website design and content to social media to review sites, and more. Getting all of that not only set up and working correctly, but also working together and at its very best, can be pretty daunting. That is where Virtual Marketing Director (VMD) Services can help.
Exclusive to Top Practices members, Virtual Marketing Director Services helps you establish your Internet presence and then use it to grow your practice. Our team has the skillset to “get it done” quickly and correctly. We are the experts when it comes to marketing a podiatry practice online, and we are HIPAA compliant. We also work closely with partners like Foster Web Marketing, who are also HIPAA compliant, so we can help you even more.
What You Can Expect
We start by developing a marketing strategy for your Internet presence which supports your internal, external and referral marketing pillars. That way they all work together and create momentum to grow your practice. When you work with Top Practices’ VMD team, you and your staff receive access to their expertise as often as you need—whether you’d like assistance with a project or someone to take care of it completely.
Some of the expert services we provide include:
1. Website Maintenance
- Evaluate your website for needed changes and SEO suggestions
- When you work with the VMD team and our preferred partner, Foster Web Marketing, there is the extra benefit of working with their proprietary software, DSS. This software allows you to directly update and manage your site, review traffic, analytics, contacts, and even manage customer relationships.
- Implement changes or updates
- Set up and review your Google Analytics monthly
- Set up and review social media analytics on a monthly basis
- Link between your website and your social media
- Add content to your site (images, newsletters, webpages, blogs, FAQs, videos, and more)
- Utilize Google and Bing webmaster tools
- Manage your SEO and develop a plan of action for regular website additions so it continues to rank well
- Perform quarterly keyword research
- Conduct monthly review calls so you understand exactly what the numbers mean
- Help with your SEO campaigns and social media campaigns
2. Social Media Management
- Create business pages on social media platforms that apply to your practice
- Regularly post on your social media to engage the attention of patients and potential patients
- Engage and interact on your social networks weekly
- Market and maintain your profiles for social media optimization (SMO)
- Help with social media campaigns
- Review social media analytics on a monthly basis
- Create and maintain social media paid ads
3. Content Creation
- Write timely, interesting, SEO-friendly webpages, blogs, and FAQs for your website to help you stay at the top of online search results
- Provide press releases, testimonials, and other print or Internet content as you request it
- Write unique content using the doctor’s “voice”
- Create accounts at free press release sites and maintain a regular presence for you
4. Local Search Marketing
- Add your brick-and-mortar business to Google+ Local, Bing, Yelp, and other review sites and directory listings
- Create strategies to direct patients to leave good reviews for your practice
- Optimize your office locations for local search
- Set up and maintain the tools you need to keep your listings accurate and easy for people to find
5. Graphic Design Services
- Develop your branding, including your logo, website, social media profile and cover photos, and more
- Create review cards with instructions for patients to leave you reviews
- Create additional marketing materials, such as letterhead, business cards, brochures, books, magazine ads, office signs, banners, and posters
6. Video and Video Editing Services
- Create and complete profiles on video sharing to sites like YouTube
- Perform regular keyword research for video titles and descriptions
- Edit your footage and images
- Add graphic enhancements to your videos
- Upload your videos and complete them with captions, titles, descriptions, and keywords
- Add schema tags for videos posted to a WordPress website
7. Google Ads Services
Google AdWords is a great tool to help drive traffic to your website by putting your practice in the best search results real estate: the top of the page. By coming up first, potential patients are more likely to click through to your website. We’ll help you set up and manage a campaign to use keywords relevant to your field and the patients you want to see, all according to your unique budget. Every ad is pay-per-click, too, so you only pay if someone clicks through to your website.
8. Additional and Miscellaneous Services
- Conduct research for unique marketing ideas for your products or services
- Interview patients and write case studies or testimonials for articles and your websites
- Work closely with your staff to implement a marketing strategy that takes all four of your marketing pillars into account and creates momentum for your practice
Working with Your Virtual Marketing Director Services Team
Virtual Marketing Director Services is designed to help you utilize expert knowledge to grow your practice through the Internet. You, doctor, are busy. You don’t have the time to effectively execute all of the work that needs to be done regularly for your practice to thrive and succeed online. We work closely with you and your staff every single month to help you determine exactly what your practice needs—and then we get it done.
We know there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all plan for marketing a medical practice online, so we customize your plan to meet your individual needs. Fill out the application to get things started. If you’re not a Top Practices member and are interested in VMD Services - contact Dave Ryan by calling (717) 725-2679 emailing him at [email protected], or filling out our online contact form. If you are a Top Practices member and are interested in VMD Services, contact Lori Hibma by calling (616) 931-1040 or emailing her at [email protected].
If you're in search of great tips and tricks to help take your Internet marketing to the next level, check out the latest news from the VMD Team inside of the "VMD Dish!"