The only limitations to your success are those you impose on yourself.
There is a system to succeeding, and here it is:
First, you’ve got to know what you want. You must write down your goals and get focused like a laser beam. One of the recalibrations you need is “what you believe is possible.” The only way to do this is to associate with other people who can show you what is possible through their own example. A few years ago, I heard a man speak at a conference and I was totally unimpressed with him. I thought he was a clown because, in my opinion, he acted like one. When he got to the part where he shared what he had accomplished in the last year, I felt like someone had punched me in the stomach. He had accomplished so much more than I had. I didn’t even know you COULD DO what he did! Until he told me. I RESOLVED then to change my goals – I quadrupled them in every category. And you know what? By the end of the year, I had exceeded those goals. Thank God for that man. I still think he’s a clown. But I sat there and thought, if that clown can do all of that, why am I thinking so small? It worked. He recalibrated me and I am thankful to have been able to learn a great lesson from him.
What are your goals for the coming years? I bet they aren't nearly as big as it could be if you could see what the Top Practices in your country are doing. You simply can’t break out of your old habits by yourself. You need to be continually and constantly refocused by other winners. Otherwise you just can’t “see” what is truly possible for you.
The power of association is a critical factor in every successful person’s life. You truly are the average of the five people you hang out with most. I know several hundred podiatrist that can now “see” a much bigger vision of what is possible for them.
Second, you’ve got to get serious about marketing and business development. A great marketing plan must include:
- A New Patient Attraction System. A systematic and multi-pronged approach to attracting the kind of patients (NEW Patients) you want to see.
- Build your list ever bigger. Practice growth comes from Word of Mouth. Word of Mouth marketing is grown by building an ever increasing list of people who want to refer to you.
- Convert prospects into New Patients. At Top Practices, we FOCUS on developing new relationships with our market and continually communicating to them until they convert into happy patients.
- Build Referrals. Referrals come from patients, of course, but they also come from hundreds of potential referring sources that surround your office. Building these relationships and nurturing them is a critical component in building your practice.
- Reappoint and Reactivate your active, inactive, and really inactive patients. Having a regular program for mining the gold that exists in your list is a key to having the success you truly want.
- Finally, you must do all of this automatically. It becomes a procedure or protocol that happens daily and is as automated as possible.
Recalibrate yourself, your practice, and your life.
Now is the perfect time to begin to rethink what’s possible. You have as much right to an exceptional life and you have as much right as anyone else to success. Running an extremely successful practice is easy if you’ve recalibrated what you believe is possible.